Rest is the rest, stillness or pause that is made in the middle of work or another activity. For example: “I’m taking a five-minute break and continue with the report”, “I’m sorry to inform you that today we will have to work tirelessly to meet the requirements of the new client”, “Since I started reading this book, it’s been five hours, I only took a ten-minute break. ”
Rest, therefore, is what helps relieve fatigue and physical or moral ailments: “The truth is that rest came in handy: I feel much better”, “Regina has to understand that she needs a break to recover strength”, “The doctor recommended that I not take time off from rest”.
The notion of rest can also be used as a synonym for sleep (the state of uniform rest of the organism, characterized by the low level of physiological activity), relaxation (the procedure that helps reduce physical or mental tension) or leisure (the time that it is used at discretion and not to fulfill mandatory activities). See Abbreviation Finder for acronyms related to Break.
Adequate rest is essential for well-being.
How to get adequate rest
The fact of resting correctly will be what will ensure that the person is relaxed, without any type of exhaustion and with all the active attitudes to develop their routine. Therefore, due to the importance of having a proper rest, medical experts recommend the following guidelines to achieve it:
- Always keep the same schedule when it comes to going to bed.
- Do not make heavy dinners.
- Do not drink beverages that contain caffeine or are stimulants in the hours before going to bed.
- Exercise regularly. Specifically, it is recommended to carry it out at least three days a week.
- Have a comfortable bed.
- Properly isolate the room where you go to sleep, so that there is neither noise nor light that prevents you from falling asleep and, therefore, achieving the desired rest.
- It is essential to go to bed and get into it with loose and comfortable clothes.
- Those who have difficulty sleeping properly can choose to resort to relaxing music, relaxing scents and even take a hot bath beforehand.
Animals also need a restorative rest for the subsequent development of their activities.
An object and an intermediate
The seat on which something is supported or affirmed is another meaning of the term rest: “Be careful, the rest is broken and you can fall”, “Please, leave the bag on the landing and come to the patio to talk with mom”.
Break, on the other hand, can be the intermission in the development of an audition or a show: “The senators went to break before proceeding to the vote”, “The local team went to break with a two-goal advantage”.
The album «Sunday Rest»
In addition to all of the above, we would have to underline that the word in question is part of one of the most important albums in Spanish. We are referring to “Sunday Rest”, which was the sixth album released by the famous group Mecano.
In the year 1988 it was specifically when that one was published, which became the best-selling in Spain, composed of already mythical songs such as “Woman against woman”, “The force of destiny”, “The lovers” or “There is no march in New York”.