The bomber jacket (bomber jacket or flight jacket) has been excelling for several seasons, but, despite the efforts of the media, of the designers and brands, there was still no alright. This winter looks like finally found your piece now, being easy to find even in the most popular shops and in lighter versions, adapted to the Brazilian climate. But how came this iconic piece of men’s clothing?
How did bomber jacket
How many items from the wardrobe of the man, the bomber jacket arose from the need and your origin is confused with the genesis of military aviation and World War I (1914/1918). We are talking about the beginning of the 20th century and of airline pilots that were completely exposed in an open cockpit, at high altitudes and low temperatures, it was necessary to establish a uniform to protect them from the rigors of this situation.
The Belgians and the French were the first to “launch”, wearing their pilots with a long leather coat in 1915, this material was considered ideal to face the strong winds and extreme cold. Inspired by the Europeans the Americans noted the need to create an official flight outfit still in 1917, for the well-being of pilots was critical to maximize your performance, but it was not until 1932 that the creation of the first bomber jacket, the A2 model, the most traditional and iconic leather jacket to aviation.
Bomber jacket features
These are the classic features of bomber jacket:
- The yankees kept the leather as the main raw material, but instead of a coat opted for a jacket, a piece more practical for those who will be spending your time sitting.
- His fists were made in elastic material, preventing the wind went in for sleeves, this same fabric if repeated at the height of hip, keeping the bomber set to the body, but keeping the freedom of movements.
- The closure was made by zipper, another practical choice and recém-inventada (1912) that facilitated the lives of Airmen.
- The collar was like a shirt collar, except taller, and could be lifted if the wind did.
- In front, between the hip and chest, had two square and large pockets closed by a flap.
- Shoulders brought epaulets which allowed arresting military insignia for rank of each pilot.
- Inside was lined with soft fabric you could finish the play and helped to retain heat.
- A lot of people remember the model of bomber jacket with fur-lined collar used and immortalized by Maverick, Tom Cruise’s character in the movie Top Gun. It is common believe that is the default template for a flying jacket, but he just came up with the bomber G1 in the United States Navy in the years 40.
- The second world war the bomber suffered some changes following the needs of pilots and the technological innovations of the era: the lining has been orange (reversible) to help locate a lost pilot, she has already been made in waterproof nylon to withstand the bad weather, the collar has a collar initially made of wool and then updated to acrylic wool , which does not suffer with the attack of the moths.
· The bomber jacket currently
- Decades after creating your bomber jacket entered definitely into the wardrobe of the civilians, thanks not only to your charisma, but also to your presence in pop culture. It’s hard to think in the Indiana Jones franchise without remembering the main character wearing your bomber A2, as was the nylon jacket matelassé with the Scorpion embroidery on the back used by Ryan Gosling in “Drive” of 2011.
- Today the bomber embraced fabrics such as denim, tactel, gabardine, cotton, nylon and jeans, among others; its main features have suffered some changes, such as the front pockets that occasionally give rise to pockets side knife–in fact this can be considered a barracuda jacket, but that story later-the merging with other classical models more modern, like the college, for example, pleasing a greater share of the audience. It may seem incredible, but the piece created to withstand the chill won to exemplary quite light that let you use it on mild days.
- Soon we will talk of How to combine the male bomber jacket in looks of many styles. Stay tuned!
Hit: bomber jacket! Sprawdź z czym ją nosić
White Vintage Members Only Bomber Jacket
Cyprime Bomber Jacket Quilted Bomber Olive
Brad Pitt Fury Jacket
Mens Nylon Bomber Jacket With Black Zippers In Black $125 …
Symmetric Embroidery Patch Contrast Raglan Sleeve Bomber …
6 Biggest Fashion Do’s and Don’ts This Season
Personalised Bomber Jacket: Custom Bomber Jacket UK
Mens Nylon Bomber Jacket With Silver Zippers In Black $33 …
Bomber Manteaux & Vestes femme en satin
Bomber Jacket for Women
Recycled Fashion: Bomber Jacket Comeback
Mens Nylon Bomber Jacket With Silver Zippers In Black $145 …
How to Two-Way-Zip a Bomber Jacket Photos
How to wear 80s fashions in 2014